Business in Africa
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa, which comprises 53 sovereign countries, is a vast field for lucrative business activities.
- Africa has vast natural resources, coupled with the paucity of capital goods to generate the wealth inherent in these resources
- American entrepreneurs have the opportunity to intensify investment in capital goods
- Apart from investment in capital goods American business entrepreneurs have an opportunity to invest in related sectors of the economy.
- Some of these related sectors of the economy comprise the channels of distribution from manufacturing, wholesale and retail, within the context of import-export trade
- Other related sectors are infrastructure requirements such as roads and telecommunications in which there is lucrative business
- For the sake of illustration we will refer the reader to
investment opportunities in a few of the African countries
that are members of the Southern Africa Development
Community (SADC) which comprises 14 countries of Central
and Southern Africa. For information on these investments,
go to the SADC Web
site, which discusses business opportunities in Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, and South Africa.
Last modified: Feb 24, 2003, 11:34 EST
The University in Africa - Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Phone: +1-508-831-5741 - Fax: +1-508-831-5720 - email@example.com