Converting MSV Files to a Playable Format
After you have recorded a file using an ATC Sony Digital Audio Recorder, you need to convert it to a format that can be played on most media players.
You need the Sony Digital Voice Editor program. Contact the ATC at 508-831-5220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to obtain this program.
- Connect the USB cord to the SanDisk ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader (5).
- Plug the other end of the USB cord into an available USB slot on your computer.
- Eject the memory stick from the Digital Audio Recorder and insert it into the SanDisk ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader.
- Your computer should read the memory stick as a Removable Media Drive Drive.
- Open the Removable Media Disk drive from My Computer and copy the Memory Stick folders to a location on your PC.
- Run Sony Digital Voice Editor by going to Start > All Programs > Sony Digital Voice Editor > Digital Voice Editor.
- You should be promoted with a window asking you to select an IC Recorder. You may need to refer to My Computer window to get the drive letter. Once you have located this, select it in the drop-down menu and click OK.
- By default, there will be four windows in the Digital Voice Editor frame. In the top left-hand frame there will be three folders. Click within these folders to find your memory stick .MSV files. They will be display in the lower right-hand frame.
- To preview and play the audio files, select a file and use the controls at the bottom of the Voice Editor window.
- When you are ready to convert the file, select a file from the list and click the MP3 Convert button.
- The file will convert and save to the same folder location where the original MSV memory stick file format was copied to in Step 5.
Last modified: Dec 12, 2007, 11:31 EST