Adding Comments to a PDF File
Benefits of adding comments to a PDF file:
- You are able to review a document and add various types of comments to it in an organized, clear fashion for review.
- Types of comments include Notes, Text Edit Indicator, Stamps, Highlighting
The Commenting Sidebar
- Open the file in which you want to add comments, and navigate to the page to which you want to add comments.
- Click on the Comment button to open up the sidebar menu.
The Sticky Note Tool
The icon on the Comment sidebar is the Sticky Note Tool, which enables you to add notes to any page of a PDF file, positioned anywhere you choose.
- To use the Sticky Note Tool, select the Sticky Note Tool, then click the location where you want to place the note and
enter text in the pop-up window that appears. When you are finished entering your note, click the small _ in the upper
right corner of the note:
- To edit a note, just click on the yellow comment indicator of the note you want to edit.
- To delete a note, right-click on the yellow comment indicator and select Delete.
The Text Edit Indicator
The icons on the Comment sidebar represents Text Edits, which enables you to add different types of text edit indications to any page of a PDF file, including strikethrough, underline, and highlight.
- To use Text Edits, select the text you want to comment upon, and select an indicator style by clicking on the button that represents the style you want to indicate.
- The only way to edit a text edit indicator is to delete the original one. To do this, right-click on the text in question and select Delete.
The Stamp Tool
The icon on the Comment sidebar is the Stamp Tool, which enables you to add different types of stamps to the document, such as Approved, Sign Here, and Confidential.
- To use the Stamp Tool, open the pull-down menu just to the right of the Stamp icon to view the array of existing stamps.
- Click on the location of the document in which you want the stamp to appear.
- To delete a stamp, right-click on the stamp and select Delete.
The Highlight, Underline, and Cross-Out Tools
The icons on the Comment sidebar are the Highlight, Underline, and Cross-Out tools, respectively, which each operate in a similar manner as the Text Edits tool. These tools, however, act as if you are holding a marker, giving you greater control over the tool.
- To use the tools, click on the tool icon you want to use and select the text you want to highlight, underline, or cross-out.
- If you do not see any or all of these tools, simply right-click on the Comment sidebar and select them from the list that appears.
Last modified: Aug 01, 2011, 12:37 EDT