Adding Headers and Footers to a PDF File
Benefits of Adding Headers and Footers to a PDF File
- Adding headers and footers to a PDF file enables a reader to quickly identify where they are in a document, and often provides chapter-specific identification in longer documents.
- Text that appears in headers and footers may be hyperlinked to other locations within the file, or to websites or other relevant documents.
Adding Headers and Footers
- Open the file in which you want to add headers or footers.
- Choose Tools > Pages > Header & Footer > Add Header and Footer....
In addition to inserting page numbers, the date, and freeform text into the header and footer, you may adjust the appearance of the header and footer on this window in the following ways:
- Font Size
- Font Color
- Alignment (moves the page numbering to the right/center/left on the document)
- Click OK to insert the header and/or footer into your document, or go on to step 4 if you want to modify the formatting of the page number or date.
- To adjust the formatted appearance of the page number of date, click the Page Number and Date Format link and use the dropdown menus to modify the appearance.
Last modified: Jul 27, 2011, 14:40 EDT