Restricting the Printing and Editing of a PDF File
Benefits of Restricting the Printing of a PDF File
- You can post documents for students or others to view, but not print, giving you greater control over your content.
Setting Security Restrictions
- Open the file that you want to restrict viewers from printing or making other changes.
- Choose Tools > Protection > Encrypt > Encrypt with Password....
- On the next window, you have a variety of security options. You may require that a password be used to open the document. You may also create a password that limits the permissions of document users, limiting their ability to print the file or make certain types of changes to the file (such as modifying pages, making comments, filling in forms, and so forth).
NOTE: Any passwords you set are case-sensitive. Set the security policies of your choosing and click Next or OK.
Removing Security Restrictions
- Open the file in which you want to remove security restrictions.
- Choose Tools > Protection > Encrypt > Remove.
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm that you indeed want security removed from the document in question.
Last modified: Jul 27, 2011, 12:59 EDT