Using ATC Digital Cameras - Nikon Coolpix S620
Digital cameras can be borrowed from the ATC. Visit the ATC in Fuller Labs, call x5220, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on borrowing a digital camera.
Preparing the Nikon Coolpix S620 for Taking Photos
- Insert the battery into the battery compartment on the camera. The battery compartment is located on the bottom of the camera.
You should have received a Nikon lithium-ion battery from the ATC when you checked out the camera. If you did not receive a battery, or if the battery seems to be dead, contact the ATC.
- Insert the memory card into the camera. The memory card and battery share a slot on the bottom of the camera.
- Press the ON/OFF button on the top of the camera to power the camera on.
- Now that the camera is on, you should be able to see through the monitor. If it is very bright outside and you cannot see your image, you may need to shade the screen to see your image.
- To zoom in and out, move the rocker switch towards the "T" (in) or "W" (out) indicator.
- To take the photograph, press down on the shutter button on the top of the camera.
- After the photo has taken, you see the picture momentarily on the camera monitor. If you did not get a chance to review your picture before it disappeared, you can press the play indicator button on the back of the camera to review your photos.
- To change flash settings, on the back side of the camera press up on the rotary multi selector towards the "flash" indicator.
- select your desired level of flash from the menu using the rotary multi selector. Press OK.
- Power off the camera when you are finished taking pictures.
Downloading Photos from the Camera to Your PC
- Connect the micro USB cord to the AV Out port on the right side of the camera, if holding the camera as you would normally to take a photo.
- Plug the other end of the USB cord into an available USB slot on your computer.
- Turn the camera on if it is not already.
- Your computer should read the memory card in the camera as a Removable Media Drive.
- Open this drive and navigate through DCIM > 100NIKON to get to the JPG images the camera took.
- Drag these files to a folder on your PC to copy the images from the camera to your PC.
- When you have finished copying all the pictures to your PC, delete them all from the camera by dragging them to your PC’s Recycle Bin on your desktop. Be sure to confirm the deletion.
- You can now disconnect the camera from your PC.
Last modified: Oct 29, 2009, 11:05 EDT