Setting the Properties for your myWPI Course Site
There are three basic properties of your myWPI site that can be customized: the course name, course availability, and the course language pack.
When a myWPI course site is requested, the site is automatically populated based on the student enrollment in Banner. However, all course sites are unavailable to students by default. A site maintainer (Instructor, Course Builder or TA) make must the site available to students in order for them to have access. This allows faculty more control over when their materials are available.
Customizing Your myWPI Site Properties
- From the Course Management area in your course site, click on the Customization Action Link in the Control Panel.
- From the Customization Page, click Properties.
Section 1: Name and Description
- If you would like to make a change to how your Course Name appears in myWPI, enter the change here.
The description field is a Banner populated field. While Blackboard will allow you to enter a description here, this field is overwritten on an hourly basis.
These changes only impact your current myWPI site. The information entered here will not impact your course listing with the Registrar's Office.
Section 2: Classification
All courses in myWPI are pre-classified as Higher Education.
Section 3: Set Availability
- Select Yes for Make this course available to users? and click Submit.
Section 4: Set Course Duration
The course duration is set automatically through Banner. Your course site will remain available on the Blackboard server 21 days past the Banner End Date of the course. For a course offered during a traditional term or semester, this is 21 days past the date grades are due. After 21 days your course will be archived to the server and can be accessed by contacting email@example.com.
Section 5: Select Language Pack
- If you would like to change the language that is used for the course, select the desired language from the Language Pack drop down menu.
- If you would like to enforce the language pack selected (i.e. you would like all users to see that language pack), click the Enforce Language Pack check box.
Section 6: Submit
Click Submit to apply your changes.Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Feb 23, 2012, 15:39 EST