Entering Grades and Providing Feedback for Assignments
The Grade Center feature in myWPI is provided as a convenience, and does not replace the official course grading process. Official grades must still be submitted to the registrar, and students can check their final course grades online from the Student Web Information System, which is separate from myWPI.
Using the Needs Grading Page
Tip:Blackboard 9 automatically keeps track of any submitted student items that are in need of grading. Using the Needs Grading menu is a simple way of checking multiple assignments in the Grading Center and only updating things that are in need of a grade.
Accessing Needs Grading
- Go to Control Panel > Grade Center > Needs Grading.
- On the Needs Grading page, click on a dropdown next to an item name and select Grade All Users to be brought to the page for that item where you can choose to grade it.
- Repeat this process for any items in this menu.
Accessing the Full Grade Center in myWPI
- Go to Control Panel > Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Click on the appropriate cell in the Grade Center.
- Type the grade.
- Press Enter to post the grade and make it visible to your students.
Entering Grades and Feedback for an Individual Student
- To view submitted assignment files and provide feedback for an individual student, select the Action Link next to the exclamation point "!" in his or her row.
- Select Grade Details from the dropdown menu.
- The Grade Details page will appear in three sections: Current Grade, Attempts, and Grade History.
The Manual Override section allows you to simply write over any grade and details instantly..
To change the grade or provide comments to your student:
- Click the Override button.
- The Grade Override screen will appear.
- Enter a new grade in the Value box
- In the Feedback to User field, type in comments for the student whose grade you are reviewing. The students sees your feedback from the Grade Center.
- If you want to submit private notes to yourself, fill the Grading Notes field. If you do not want to include any notes to yourself, leave this section blank.
- Click the Save button to save your changes. This will publish the Feedback to User and Grade Value changes to the student in myGrades.
Details of student attempts can be reviewed here. If an assignment allows multiple attempts each attempt will be listed.
If a student makes a mistake, and submits the wrong file, or hits the Submit button before he or she was really ready to send in their assignment you can use the Clear Attempt button reset their assignment. You can view this button from the Edit tab/button on the Grade Details screen.
The Grade History section provides a log of all changes that have occurred to the selected grade. All changes made to a grade are displayed along with information on what the modification was and who made it.
Last modified: Aug 12, 2011, 12:00 EDT