Working With Folders in myWPI
Items and Folders are the "containers" for your content. Items typically contain text notes and/or file attachments, and Folders are used to organize Items and other content. Folders are similar to folders in your computer operating system in the sense that they contain and organize content, but work much differently in myWPI.
- Click Edit Mode in the top right of your screen to access your site in Edit Mode.
- Navigate to the Content Area where you want to place a folder.
- Select the Build Content dropdown menu and select Content Folder.
- The Create Content Folder page appears. It is identical to the item creation page, and has the same features and options:
- Permit Users to View This Content allows you to control whether or not students can see the link.
- Open in New Window opens the linked page in a new window instead of inside the myWPI frame. This makes it easy for student to close the linked page and then close it to return to the myWPI course site.
- Track Number of Views allows you to track the number of student views.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions allows you to restrict visibility of the link to specific dates. This is useful for homework assignment due-dates or for allowing test answers to be displayed after a test.
Placing Materials into a Folder
Creating a New Item or Sub-Folder Inside a Folder
- Navigate to a folder much in the same way that you would navigate to a Content Area. You can click on a folder to view its contents.
- Once you have found the folder in which you wish to place content, simply add an item to your course site in that folder or add more folders for further organizational purposes.
If you are adding several items to a content area it is a good idea to organize them into folders. It is easier to create the folders before adding the content. Be careful not to have too many folders within folders, which buries content.
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Sep 26, 2012, 09:23 EDT