Course Menu Design (Buttons, Colors and Banner)
Selecting the Navigation Style, Colors and Properties
Section 1: Select Menu Style
- Select Buttons or Text for your navigation style and use the color picker drop down menus to further define your menu style.
- For a Text based (this is the default): Select the foreground and background colors and click Submit.
Be careful when choosing colors for buttons and text. For web pages, it is best to use colors that are not garish, with a high contrast for easy reading. If using a pattern, it is wise to select patterns that are less "busy."
- For a Button based Menu: Select the Button Type, Button Shape, and Button Style and click Submit. To view all available button options, use the Gallery of Buttons link
Section 2: Course Menu Display
- Select either Folder View or List View as the default navigation style of your Course Menu.
- Select Permit Both Views if you would like to allow users to choose their own display option.
Section 3: Default Content View
- Select Icon Only, Text Only, or Icon and Text for your default content view.
- Choose Apply To Existing Content if you would like to change the setting for previously existing items.
Section 4: Select Course Entry Point
- Select the point at which you would like students to enter the course by choosing an menu location from the Entry Point drop down menu.
Section 5: Select Banner
- A Course Banner is an optional graphic that displays the title of your course on the Home Page. It can add some visual appeal to your course.
- To add a Banner, click Browse to locate the file on your computer.
The recommended maximum size for a Course Banner is 450 pixels wide by 120-200 pixels high at 72 or 96 pixels per inch. Banners must be in .jpg or .gif format or they will not display properly on the web.
E-mail the help team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a custom banner created for your course. Include your course number and official title from the registrar. For graphical banners, please include an idea of what type of image, theme or color scheme you would like.
Section 6: Submit
- Click Submit to save your changes
Last modified: Aug 05, 2011, 15:24 EDT