Sending Messages to Your Students within myWPI
The Messages feature in myWPI is offered as a convenience, and does not replace your existing e-mail program. All communication sent from the Messages tool is internal to myWPI only. Messages cannot be sent or received outside of the users in your Course. myWPI will maintain a record of all messages sent from the Messages tool.
Accessing the Messages Tool in myWPI
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Messages.
The main Messages window appears.
Sending a Message through myWPI
Click the Create Message button. The Compose Message screen appears in four parts.
Section 1: Recipients
use this section to select the recipients for your message.
- Click on the Recipient Type; To, Cc, or Bcc. The course roster appears.
- Click on the name of the individual you would like to add.
- Click the add arrow to move them to the Recipients list.
- Repeat for each desired recipient type.
Section 2: Compose Message
- Enter a subject line in the Subject field.
- Enter the message in the Message field.
Section 3: Submit
- Click Submit to send your message. A copy of the Message is placed in your sent Messages folder and you are returned to the main Messages screen.
Last modified: Sep 26, 2012, 10:50 EDT