Using the Pool Manager for Tests or Surveys
Question Pools are similar to test banks and can be used to generate a random block of questions for each student or to import and export assessments between courses. Pools can be downloaded to your computer and saved for future use or imported into other courses.
To Access the Pool Manager
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools. Then, click on Pools. The Pool Manager page appears, where you can add, view, or modify pools.
Creating New Pools
- From the Pool Manager, click the Build Pool button. The Pool Info page appears with two sections.
Section 1: Pool Info
- Enter a name for the pool in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the pool in the Description field.
- Enter instructions for the questions in the Instructions field.
Section 2: Submit
- Click Submit to add the pool to the Pool Manager.
Adding Questions to your Pool
- Navigate to your pool and click Create Question and a type of question from the dropdown menu.
- Complete each section of the Add Question page and click Submit to add the question.
Exporting Pools to your Local Computer
- From the Pools page, click Export to Local Computer next to the pool you want to export to your local computer. You can also choose to export the pool to the online content manager. (Exporting to your local computer is often a better idea due to the ease of creating a backup of the data.)
- You will be prompted with a File Download window where you can chose the location on your computer where you want to save this .zip file. Click Save.
Importing Pools from your Local Computer
- To import a pool of questions into a course, click the Import button in the Pool Manager.
- Click Browse to locate the pool .zip file on your computer.
- Click Submit when you have successfully located the file and are ready to import it to the Pool Manager.
Inputting Questions from your Pools into Tests or Surveys
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Tests, Surveys, and Pools and select either the Tests or Surveys, depending on where you want to use your pool questions. Then navigate to the test or survey that you want to add to.
- Click Find Questions in the Reuse Question dropdown.
- Select Copy selected questions unless you want to permanently alter the pool's question before adding it.
- Select the pool or assessment that you want to select questions from.
- To search all the questions, click Search.
- Click the checkbox next to the questions you want to put into your test or survey and click Submit. The question(s) from the pool should now appear in the test or survey.
Last modified: Sep 26, 2012, 10:42 EDT