Announcements are a good way to post reminders and important notifications to your students. Announcements stay in your myWPI site until you remove them, so it is a good place to post notifications at the beginning of a term when students are still adding and dropping classes, and might miss out on an e-mail message. It is also a good place to post copies of important e-mail messages in case your students delete them.
- To add an announcement, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements.
- Click Add Announcement to create a new announcement. The Add Announcement page appears in five sections.
Section 1: Announcement Information
- Enter a title for the announcement in the Subject field.
- Enter your message or announcement details in the Message box.
Section 2: Options
- Permanent announcement? allows you to choose whether or not you would like this message to be permanently displayed on the course's main entry page. If you select yes, it will always appear at the top of the course entry page for students unless you change the setting back to no.
- Choose date restrictions sets a specific time for announcement visibility. For example, you could post an announcement for only a week. Use the Display After and Display Until checkboxes to set your start and end dates, then use the dropdown menus to set your date(s).
Announcement from Student View
Section 3: Course Link
- To add a link to a specific content area or folder within your course, click Browse to display the Course Map in a new window. The link will be posted at the bottom of your announcement.
- Choose the content area or folder you want to link to in the Course Map.
Section 4: Email Announcement
- If you want the announcement to be emailed to all students/participants in addition to being posted in the course site, check the box for Email this announcement to all course users.
Section 5: Submit
- Click Submit to post the announcement to your course.
Modifying an Existing Announcement
- To modify an existing announcement, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements.
- Click Modify next to the announcement you want to make changes to.
- When finished, click Submit to post the changes to your course.
Removing an Announcement
Following these steps results in the permanent removal of an announcement from your course. You will not be able to undo the announcement deletion. It is recommended that you modify the date restrictions instead. If you still wish to delete an announcement from your course permanently, follow these steps.
- To delete an existing announcement, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements.
- Select Remove next to the announcement you want to delete.
Last modified: Jun 02, 2008, 15:54 EDT