The Wiki tool in myWPI allows instructors to assess student performance on wiki assignments by viewing the level of participation by each student and the changes that each student made to a wiki.
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Assess Wikis. The Assess Wikis page appears.
- Click View Participation for the wiki you want to assess.
- On the Participation page, each student who contributed to the wiki is listed, along with the percentage of changes to the wiki that each student saved and the number of lines each modified. From the dropdown list in the Show participation for: field, select the option to see participation for all dates, the past month, the past week, or the current day. To see more detail about which pages in the wiki a student contributed to, click the View Detail button for the student.
- The Participation Detail page for a student shows the percentage of page saves and lines modified for the student. To see the history of a page, click the See Change History button.
- When viewing the history of a page, each student who contributed to the page and date of their contribution is listed. To see how a page changed with a contribution, click the View Diff button.
- To fully view differences from one version to the next, click the Next Diff button to see the difference in the page from one contribution to the next. If you are viewing a version of the page that is in the middle of multiple page versions, you will also see a Prev Diff button allowing you to see differences in the previous version of the page.
- Based on your assessment criteria (i.e. level of participation and/or quality of participation), assign grades for the wiki in the myWPI Grade Center. See Creating Wikis in Your Course for details on creating a Grade Center item for the wiki.
Last modified: Aug 05, 2008, 08:50 EDT