Adding Content Areas (Buttons/Menu Items)
The Content Areas are used for posting content and file attachments directly into a myWPI Web site.
Content types used in myWPI:
- Plain text and HTML (posted directly into the course Web site)
- Uploaded files (such as .doc, .pdf, .ppt)
- Image files (such as .gif and .jpg)
- Web links
- Tests and Surveys
- Learning Units (to organize existing content into modules or show a photo gallery)
- Folders (Used to organize Items and other content)
Typical Content Area Names: Course Materials, Assignments, Lectures
- To add a new Content Area:
Go to Control Panel > Course Options > Manage Course Menu.
- Choose the Content Area button next to Add. The Add New Area page appears with two sections.
Section 1: Set Area Properties
- Select a Name from the drop-down box or type in your own.
- Select whether or not you want to allow guest access.
- Select the option Available for Student/Participant users if you want students to see the new content area.
Section 2: Submit
- Click Submit to create your new Content Area.
Last modified: Jun 04, 2007, 13:02 EDT