Control Panel Overview
The Control Panel contains all of the controls that site maintainers (instructors, TAs, course builders) use to set up a myWPI site, change the look and feel, make content changes, and access system features such as the Collaboration Tools. The Control Panel is likely to be where you will spend much of your time when working in myWPI.
Accessing the Control Panel
- When you first enter a course, you see the "display view," which is what students see. The display view always has the button menu or link menu on the left. At the bottom of this menu is the link to the Control Panel.
Control Panel Sections
The Control Panel is divided into 6 sections:
- Content Areas (Content Uploading and Organizing)
- Course Tools (Announcements, Discussion Board, Course Calendar, etc.)
- Course Options (Course Menu and Site Setup/Organization)
- User Management (Official Course List and Groups)
- Assessment (Grade Center, Quizzes and Surveys, Course Statistics)
- Support (Shortcut to help links and Manual)
Most faculty spend the majority of their time in the Content Areas and Course Tools sections as these are the key areas for managing course content and communicating with students.
Last modified: Aug 05, 2008, 06:39 EDT