Adding Items to Content Areas, Folders, or Learning Units
- To add an item to a Content Area, Folder or Learning Unit go to Control Panel > Content Areas
- Select the name of the Content Area you want to add an item to (such as Course Documents).
- Choose the Item button. The Add Content page appears with three sections.
Another way to add an item is to click directly on the desired content area from the menu. Click Edit View in the top right of your screen to give you the same view you would get by going through the Control Panel. You can then select the Item button from the toolbar.
Section 1: Content Information
- Enter a name for the item in the Name field.
- Choose Color of Name: If you want to change the title color, use the Pick button to select a color. Otherwise, the default is black.
- Type in any text-based content into the Text box. Format the text using the text editing tools.
Section 2: Content AttachmentsAttaching a file:
- If you are attaching a file, go to the Attach local file field and use the Browse button to find the file on your computer
- You can rename the link to the file under Name of Link to File. Otherwise, the link text will be the filename.
- Select one of three special actions:
- Create a link to this file - Creates a simple link to the file. This is the most commonly used action.
- Display media file within the page - Displays an image file or other media files within the page instead of as an attachment.
- Unpackage this file - Used for uploading HTML files. See Embedding HTML Content in myWPI with Package Files for more information.
- To attach multiple files, you need to submit each attachment separately.
- To do this, submit the first attachment by scrolling down and select the Submit button.
- Select Modify next to the Item name you were working on.
- Use the Browse button as above (in Section 2, step 1) to add another attachment. Use the Remove button next to the attachment name if you need to remove a previously uploaded attachment.
Section 3: Options
- These options are for adding visibility or date options.
- Making an item invisible to students: Select the No radio button under Do you want to make the content visible? With this option, the item will remain invisible to students until you modify it and restore visibility.
- Choose date restrictions sets a specific time for document visibility. For example, you could post a document for only a week. Use the Display After: and Display Until: checkboxes to set your start and end dates, then use the dropdown menus to set your date(s).
Last modified: Aug 03, 2011, 15:31 EDT