Sending Messages to Your Students within myWPI
New as of August 2008 is Messages, a messaging tool internal to myWPI, allows you to communicate privately and securely with students. Messages it an alternative to the Dropbox, allowing you to directly exchange files with students from within the myWPI system.
The Messages feature in myWPI is offered as a convenience, and does not replace your existing e-mail program. All communication sent from the Messages tool is internal to myWPI only. Messages cannot be sent or received outside of the users in your Course. myWPI will maintain a record of all messages sent from the Messages tool.
Accessing the Messages Tool in myWPI
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Messages.
The main Messages window appears.
Sending a Message through myWPI
Click the New Message button. The Compose Message screen appears in four parts.
Section 1: Recipients
use this section to select the recipients for your message.
- Click on the Recipient Type; To, Cc, or Bcc. The course roster appears.
- Click on the name of the individual you would like to add.
- Click the add arrow to move them to the Recipients list.
- Repeat for each desired recipient type.
Section 2: Compose Message
- Enter a subject line in the Subject field.
- Enter the message in the Message field.
Section 3: Attachment
- If you want to attach a file, click Browse to locate the file your computer.
- To add additional files, click the Attach Another File link and Browse to locate the second file.
- Repeat until all files are attached.
Do not attach files with spaces or symbols in the document name. It could cause problems for some users. If you have these characters in a file name, rename the file on your computer before attaching it. To do this, right-click on the file and choose Rename.
Section 4: Submit
- Click Submit to send your message. A copy of the Message is placed in your sent Messages folder and you are returned to the main Messages screen.
Last modified: Mar 30, 2010, 12:27 EDT