Using the Pool Manager for Tests or Surveys
Question Pools are similar to test banks and can be used to generate a random block of questions for each student or to import and export assessments between courses. Pools can be downloaded to your computer and saved for future use or imported into other courses.
To Access the Pool Manager
- Go to Control Panel > Assessment > Pool Manager. The Pool Manager page appears, where you can add, view, or modify pools.
Creating New Pools
- From the Pool Manager, click the Add Pool button. The Pool Info page appears with two sections.
Section 1: Pool Info
- Enter a name for the pool in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the pool in the Description field.
- Enter instructions for the questions in the Instructions field.
Section 2: Submit
- Click Submit to add the pool to the Pool Manager.
Adding Questions to your Pool
- From the Pool Manager, click Modify next to the pool you want to add questions to.
- In the Add field, select a question type from the dropdown menu and click Go. The Add Question page appears with multiple sections. The page appears differently for different question types.
- Complete each section of the Add Question page and click Submit to add the question.
Exporting Pools to your Local Computer
- From the Pool Manager, click Export next to the pool you want to export to your local computer.
- You will be prompted with a File Download window where you can chose the location on your computer where you want to save this .zip file. Click Save.
Importing Pools from your Local Computer
- To import a pool of questions into a course, click the Import button in the Pool Manager.
- Click Browse to locate the pool .zip file on your computer.
- Click Submit when you have successfully located the file and are ready to import it to the Pool Manager.
Inputting Questions from your Pools into Tests or Surveys
- Go to Control Panel > Assessment and select either the Test Manager or Survey Manager, depending on where you want to use your pool questions.
- Click Modify next to the test or survey you want to add questions to.
- In the Add field, select From a Question Pool or Assessment in the dropdown menu and click Go.
- Select the pool or assessment that you want to select questions from.
- To search all the questions, click Search.
- Click the checkbox next to the questions you want to put into your test or survey and click Submit. The question(s) from the pool should now appear in the test or survey.
Last modified: Aug 05, 2008, 08:51 EDT