Accessing the Survey Manager in myWPI
- Go to Control Panel > Assessment > Survey Manager. The Survey Manager page appears where you can add, view, or modify surveys.
Creating New Surveys
- Click the Add Survey button. The Survey Info page appears with two sections.
Section 1: Survey Info
- Enter a name for the survey in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the survey in the Description field.
- Enter instructions for the survey in the Instructions field.
Section 2: Submit
- Click Submit to add the survey to the Survey Manager .
Adding Questions to the Survey
- From the Survey Manager, click Modify next to the survey you want to add questions to.
- In the Add field, select a question type from the dropdown menu and click Go. The Add Question page appears with multiple sections. The page appears differently for different question types.
- Complete each section of the Add Question page and click Submit to add the question.
Removing Existing Surveys
You may only remove surveys that have not yet been made available to students in a Content area. Any surveys that have been made available do not have the option to Remove.
- Click Remove next to the survey you want to delete.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Adding Surveys to a Content Area
- From the Control Panel, select the content area where you would like to add your survey, or alternatively, go to the content area where you want to add the survey and click the Edit View link in the upper right corner.
- In the toolbar, select Survey from the dropdown menu and click Go. The Add Survey page appears with two sections.
Section 1: Add Survey
- Click Create a New Survey or select a survey you previously created using the steps earlier in this document.
Section 2: Submit
- Click Submit to post the survey to the Content Area you selected.
The survey has been posted to the Content Area you selected, but it is not yet available to students. Continue reading for instructions how to make it available for student participants in your course.
Making Surveys Available to Student Participants
- Go to: Control Panel > Content Areas and the content area location where you posted your survey, or alternatively, go to the content area where you posted the survey and click the Edit View link in the upper right corner.
- Click Modify next to the survey you want to make available. The Modify Survey page appears.
- Click Modify the Survey Options. The Survey Options page appears with six sections.
Section 1: Survey Information
- The Name and Description fields are populated with the information you entered when you created the survey. Change this information, if needed.
- At Open Survey in new window, select Yes or No depending on whether or not you want the survey to open in a new window.
Section 2: Survey Availability
- Click Yes at Make the link available if you are ready for students to take the survey.
- Click Yes at Add a new announcement for this Survey if you want an announcement to appear on the main myWPI page for students and on your course homepage.
- If you will allow students multiple attempts for the survey, click the checkbox for Multiple Attempts.
- If you want to force students to complete the survey the first time they open it, click the checkbox for Force Completion.
- If you want to give students a time limit and record the time it takes them to take the survey, click the checkbox for Set Timer and select the appropriate duration.
- Select the display availability. Use the Display After and Display Until checkboxes to set the start and end dates, then use the dropdown menus to set the date(s).
- Click the Password checkbox if you want to require that students use a password to access the survey. Then, set the Password and inform your students what the password is so they can access the survey.
Section 3: Self-Assessment Options
- If you want to track who has taken the survey, click the checkbox for Include this test in Gradebook score calculations. If you want the survey to be completely anonymous, do not select this option.
Students may give more honest answers on a survey if they do not see a Gradebook item for the survey.
Section 4: Survey Feedback
- Select your preferred types of feedback.
Section 5: Survey Presentation
- Select your preferred Presentation Mode.
- Click the checkbox for Randomize Questions if you prefer to have this as an option.
Section 6: Submit
- Click Submit to post the survey and save your changes. Students will now be able to access and complete the survey.
Last modified: Aug 05, 2008, 07:10 EDT