Using the UltraHD FlipCams
NoteUltraHD FlipCams can be borrowed from the ATC. Visit the ATC in Fuller Labs, call x5220, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on borrowing a FlipCam HD.
Creating a Recording
- Power the FlipCam on using the button on the side (pictured above).
- Press the Start/Stop Recording button (red circular button) to start recording.
- When you are finished recording, press the Start/Stop Recording button to stop.
Reviewing Recordings on the FlipCam
- To review your recording, press the Playback button. The recording will display on the screen on the back of the FlipCam.
- To navigate through recordings for playback, use the arrow keys on either side of the Start/Stop Recording button.
- To adjust the volume in playback, press the + or - buttons above and below the Start/Stop Recording button.
Downloading Recordings to your Computer
- Slide the USB latch (pictured above in the FlipCam Controls/Features section) down to release the USB Arm.
- Connect the USB Arm to an available USB port on your computer.
- You will hear the FlipCam beep, indicating that it is in the process of connecting to your computer.
- Your computer will read the FlipCam as a removable device.
- Copy the files from the DCIM folder to your computer.
Changing the FlipCam Batteries
- On the bottom of the FlipCam, slide the latch into the unlocked position.
- On the front of the FlipCam, slide the bottom half of the cover, below the lens, downward.
- Change the batteries and replace the cover.
- Be sure to slide the latch back into the locked position to secure the cover.
Last modified: Dec 03, 2010, 09:45 EST