SharePoint: Site Managers for Organization Sites
Some group organizations can designate one or two members as Site Managers. The Site Managers group provides access to the edit the membership of the groups. Members of this group should also be members of the Exec Members or the Members groups.
To request Site Manager access to your group's SharePoint site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Manage Site Permissions:
Click Site Actions --> Site Permissions.
To add users to a group:
- Click the name of the Group you would like to manage.
- Click New --> Add Users.
- Enter the usernames, separated by semicolon, or browse for them in by clicking the book icon.
- Please un-check the Send welcome email to new users box.
- Click OK .
To remove users from a group:Navigate to the group list. Click the checkbox next to the users' names, then Actions --> Remove Users from Group.
To request a SharePoint Site, please fill out this form.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Your Project or Organization
- Short Name (suitable for URL): 6-8 characters
- Description of Project/Group
- Usernames of all group members, separated by semicolons
- Anticipated End Date for site
Last modified: Jun 06, 2012, 09:12 EDT