SharePoint: Picture LibrariesThe Picture Library allows you to upload and manage images. It is very similar to the document library except it is designed specifically for pictures, and displays a thumbnail view. It can be useful to store any diagrams, pictures or charts in image format in this library.
To upload a picture to your Picture Library:
Click Upload --> Upload Picture.
To insert a picture from your Picture Library into a Word Document:
Please note: This feature is currently enabled only in MS Office 2010.
- In Microsoft Word, click Insert --> Picture.
- In the File name: box at the bottom, enter the main URL of your site or the URL directly to your Picture Library and click Enter.
Please Note: You may be asked to authenticate with your Windows username and password here.
- Navigate to the folder where your pictures are stored, and double-click on the image you would like to use.
To view the Picture Library in a slideshow format:
- Select the pictures you would like to view
- Click Actions --> View Slide Show
- The picture will display, along with navigation tools, and three fields of information: Name, Date Picture was Taken, and Description (if there is one).
To request a SharePoint Site, please fill out this form.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of Your Project or Organization
- Short Name (suitable for URL): 6-8 characters
- Description of Project/Group
- Usernames of all group members, separated by semicolons
- Anticipated End Date for site
Last modified: Jun 06, 2012, 08:56 EDT