SharePoint: Slide Libraries
The Slide library allows you to upload a Microsoft PowerPoint file and manage each slide of the presentation separately. It is very useful if you have a master set of slides and you use a subset of those slides for different audiences.
Slide Library features work only in Internet Explorer.
To upload a presentation to a Slide Library:
- Click the Slide Library link at the left.
- Click Upload --> Publish Slides.
- Browse for the presentation you would like to upload; click Open.
- Select the slides you would like to upload or click Select All, then click Publish.
To download slides from a Slide Library into a PowerPoint presentation:
- Select the slides that you would like for your presentation.
- Click Copy Slides to Presentation.
- Select whether you would like to upload the slides to a new or existing presentation file. Be sure to check the box "Keep Source Presentation Format" if your original slides are formatted in a way you would like to maining. Selecting the "Tell me when this slide changes" option will allow you to save a local copy of the presentation and still receive notification if any of the slides are edited from SharePoint, as long as you are connected to a network.
To request a SharePoint Site, please fill out this form.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of Your Project or Organization
- Short Name (suitable for URL): 6-8 characters
- Description of Project/Group
- Usernames of all group members, separated by semicolons
- Anticipated End Date for site
Last modified: Jun 06, 2012, 09:16 EDT