Organizing and Previewing Slides
Benefits of organizing and previewing slides:
- You can see multiple slides at once.
- You can rearrange, add, and delete slides.
- You can see what the presentation will look like to your audience.
Using the Slide Sorter to Organize Slides
Use the slide sorter to view and work with multiple slides at once and rearrange, add, or delete slides.
- Click the Slide Sorter View button in the lower right corner of the screen. The slides will appear in the Slide Sorter view.
You can also click the View tab > Slide Sorter.
- Select the slide or slides with which you want to work.
- To select a single slide, click on the slide.
- To select contiguous slides, click on the first slide, press and hold the Shift key, and click on the last slide.
- To select random slides, click on the first slide, then press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking the additional slides.
- After selecting the slide or slides you want to delete, press the Delete key.
Inserting a slide
- Click in the space between the two slides where you want the new slide to appear. A vertical insertion bar appears between the two slides.
- Click the Home tab and the New Slide button. You can also right-click to select New Slide.
Duplicating a slide
- Select the slide you want to copy.
- From the Home tab, select Insert Slide button > Duplicate Selected Slides. An identical slide appears after the original slide.
- Click and hold on the slide you want to move.
- Drag the mouse to the new position for the slide. The insertion bar appears in the selected place.
- Release the mouse button. The slide appears in the new position.
- Click on the slide where you want to begin previewing.
- Click the Slide Show View button in the lower right corner of the screen. The presentation shows in Slide Show view.
- Use the left mouse button to advance to the next slide.
- Press the Esc key to return to PowerPoint.
You can also select the Slideshow tab and either view your presentation From Beginning or From Current Slide.
Last modified: Aug 21, 2008, 12:25 EDT