Examples of Course Redesign Projects
- Create immersive experiences for students using 3D projection, augmented/ virtual reality, adaptive simulations, or other interactive environments that achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Develop learning activities or supplemental course resources specifically targeted for use on mobile devices or field-use.
- Explore using a flipped classroom model, where students view a combination of simulations and/or streaming videos for “lecture” content prior to coming to class so that scheduled class time can be spent doing interactive problem solving, group project work, or engaged in other higher-order thinking activities.
- Incorporate interactivity into the writing process from drafts to instructor feedback by using wikis and screen capturing software to make the process more collaborative and engaging.
- Engage students in the course content by having student groups teach the rest of the class about a key concept in the course. Students create a wiki page or a multimedia project that teaches the other students about each concept.
Last modified: Nov 14, 2014, 14:56 EST