The WPI Video Bulletin Board airs on WPIC cable channels 11 and 12, and provides a continuous display of announcements of interest to the WPI community - such as activities and campus events.
All members of the WPI community may submit text or video announcements for playback on the Video Bulletin Board. Text announcements can be made via the Web form below:
Guidelines for text messages:
- Keep it short. Say only what is needed. If it can't be read in
10 seconds or less, it's too long.
Messages may be edited for length.
- Generally the last date to display a message is the event date.
- Messages must be of general interest to the WPI community. No political or "classified" ads.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of messages running from any one group for any one event to a single message. Multiple messages for the same event or series of events may be combined at the discretion of the message editor. Messages are generally limited to running not more than 20 days, with a 14 day break before another similar message may be run again.
- The display format of your message is left entirely up to the editor. You may make rough layout suggestions, but you cannot specify colors, type styles, etc.
- Use the space at the bottom of the page to submit your message. PowerPoint files can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for videos on the channel:
- The maximum length must not exceed 1 minute. Video formats must be one of the following: .AVI, WMV or MPEG. Dimension not exceeding 720x480.
- Videos must be non-offensive and not include a political view. No "classified" ads.
- All videos will be viewed before played on air. We reserve the right to refuse playback if material is deemed inappropriate.
- Videos must be delivered to the ATC, Fuller Labs, 117 on a non-returnable CD or DVD that contains the video file. An ATC representative will provide you the form to fill out when you arrive.
- The video must be submitted at least 1 week before desired air date.
- Depending on the number of videos playing each week – the ATC will determine how long the videos will play for (usually 2 weeks).
Last modified: Nov 25, 2013, 16:10 EST