Network Drive Mapping
To connect to ITS file storage for a business share or a personal share, follow these instructions to map to a network drive.
File Storage MigrationOn May 19, 2014 all WPI Network and Business shares will be migrating to a new, unified system. View or print the Network Share Migration transition guide for instructions and information about accessing your files on the new system.
How to Connect to Storage (On Campus):
- Right-click on your system's 'Computer' icon (This Icon will either be labeled 'Computer' or your system's 'Hostname')
- From the context menu click on "Map Network Drive..."
- Click on the selection menu next to the 'Drive:' text box.
- Select a free drive letter.
- In the Folder: field, type "\\storage.wpi.edu\Dept".
- Check the "Reconnect at logon" box if you want this share to automatically map after every reboot.
- For Domain Machines (Where you login with your WPI credentials) click Finish.
- For Non-Domain or Personal Machines:
- Select "Connect using different credentials", and click Finish.
- Enter your WPI login credentials, you may need to enter your username as ADMIN\Username or email@example.com.
- In Finder, select Go, then pick "Connect to Server..." (Shortcut: Command + K)
- Enter smb://storage.wpi.edu and click Connect.
- You will be prompted to select a folder. Choose 'Dept' and select 'ok'.
- Enter your WPI login credentials; you may need to enter your username as "ADMIN\Username".
How to Connect to Storage (Off Campus):
For off campus connections to storage, you will need to connect through the VPN (Virtual Private Network). This can be done by navigating to http://vpn.wpi.edu in your web browser and following the onscreen instructions.
Once connected to the VPN, use the instructions above for on campus access.Maintained by itweb.
Last modified: May 13, 2014, 12:55 EDT