Network Drive Mapping Off Campus (Macintosh OS X)
Who should use this page?
This page is designed to be used by people who need to map their network drive from outside of the campus network when using Macintosh OS X.
Step 1: Connect to the WPI Network using the VPN
- Connect to your Internet Provider (if necessary).
- Navigate to VPN page and follow the instructions there.
- Once you're connected to the VPN continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Mapping a Network Drive
- In Finder, select Go, then pick Connect to Server...
- Enter smb://driveaddress.wpi.edu and click Connect.
- smb://filer.wpi.edu/home (your Filer drive)
- smb://shares.wpi.edu/applications/Macintosh (Macintosh software downloads)
- Enter the correct domain (ADMIN) in the Workgroup or Domain field, your username in the Name field, and your domain password in the Password field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this method work on an Intel Mac?Yes. The process will prompt you for your WPI password & your Mac password at different spots.
What is my username?It is the first part of your e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is my password?The password needed to map the network drive or connect to the domain is the same one used when logging into Windows computers on campus.
What if I forgot my password?Students can reset their Windows password on the Account Maintenance page.
Faculty and Staff will need to call the CCC Helpdesk at 508-831-5888 (x5888 on campus) and request that their password be reset.
Where can I find the paths for commonly mapped drives?See the Paths page.
What if I have another question?Other questions that have not been answered here can be directed to the CCC Helpdesk.
Last modified: Feb 14, 2012, 17:42 EST