Roaming Network Configuration
Note: If your laptop is not registered yet, you will have to make this request from a computer that is already connected to the network, such as an office or lab computer. Once you complete this process, you will be able to connect to any active network ports on the academic (non-residential) side of campus. Students that are already registered for their residence hall will not need to follow this process.
- Go to the WPI Network Registration Page. Click on the green button on the bottom of the page labelled Enter.
- Login to the pubcookie with your Unix username and password.
- Click the link that says Register New Machine.
- Under the Select the IP Range heading, choose Portable: Mobile Wired Systems from the drop down menu and then click Continue.
- Fill in the Hostname, Hardware Address, and Operating System fields. Under Affiliation, make sure Privately Owned Machines is selected and then click Continue.
- Now you should see a sucess message saying that your computer is registed. Click the Logoff link in the upper right to end your session.
Your registration should be active within thirty minutes of registering.Maintained by itweb.
Last modified: Nov 18, 2005, 15:20 EST