McAfee VirusScan 8.8 Software
Members of the WPI community may NOT give copies of this software to other companies, organizations, or government agencies. WPI personnel may freely copy antiviral software to their PCs, as long as those machines are not used for external business purposes.
How to Install McAfee VirusScan 8.8
- Run Windows Update and install all of the available Critical Updates.
- If you are re-installing McAfee VirusScan, or are installing it to replace your current virus scanning software (such as Norton AntiVirus or an older version of McAfee VirusScan), then please make sure to completely uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel before continuing on.
- Click the Start orb then type "\\storage.wpi.edu\software\McAfee\Windows" in the Open: field (or simply click on the link).
If you are prompted for a password use your Windows account username and password. (ex. "admin\username")
- Double click Install VirusScan 8.8.
- Click Next to begin the setup process.
- If prompted for Previous Version Detected, make sure that Preserve settings is selected and click Next.
- Select Perpetual for the License expiry type:, then select I accept the terms in the licensing agreement and click OK.
- Choose Typical for the setup type and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation has completed, click Finished leaving both Update Now and Run On-Demand Scan selected.
- Once McAfee has updated and the Full System scan has finished, the install process is completed.
Last modified: Oct 21, 2012, 17:32 EDT