Windows XP was released by Microsoft in August of 2001. The latest update for Windows XP is Service Pack 3 (SP3), and this service pack is recommended for all systems still running Windows XP. Windows XP is no longer deployed in labs or on new system deployments.
- Deployment at WPI and FAQ
- Student Installation Media is no longer available for Windows XP
- System Requirements (from Microsoft)
- Never enable the network bridging feature of Windows XP because it will lock out your network port.
- Using the Share Your Internet Connection feature in XP will result in your port being shut down for AUP violations. In order to use more than one machine on the network, you must register each system with NetOps
- Right click on My Computer, then select Properties.
- Click on the Computer Name tab.
- The hostname is under Full Computer Name
Last modified: Apr 28, 2011, 15:53 EDT