Microsoft Office 2013 Activation
The network installation of Microsoft Office 2013 requires periodic license checks back to a central WPI server. Each check-in activates Office 2013 for 180 days. This page provides clear information about the activation process and how to troubleshoot any problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the product stop working if I do not activate it?
- What is Notification mode?
- How do I activate my copy of Office?
Q: Does the product stop working if I do not activate it?
A: No. When the full functionality of the program and the number of program starts are exhausted, the product runs in Notification mode.
Q: What is Notification mode?
A: Notification mode is a licensing state in which the
user receives clear, recurring reminders about activation if activation is not
completed within the grace period. Users will get a notification dialog every
time an office product is launched and there will be a red bar across the top of
Q: How do I activate my copy of Office?
A: To activate your copy of office follow the directions below:
Note: You must be an administrator to run this batch file.
- Connect to the WPI VPN
- Map a drive to \\storage.wpi.edu\software\Microsoft\Windows\Office\Scripts
- Copy the script named Activate Office 2013.bat to your desktop.
- Right-click on the file and select Run As Administrator
You will then have to close and reopen any Office applications for the activation to take effect. If you have any further problems, please contact the WPI Helpdesk.