Tera Term Pro SSH Client
Tera Term Pro with its SSH extension (TTSSH) is one of the recommended UNIX terminal applications available for Windows users. An alternative is the freely available PuTTY client. Any unanswered questions can be directed to the CCC Helpdesk.
Tera Term Pro (TTSSH) is available to WPI students and ADMIN users on the \\admin.wpi.edu\installpoint\Applications share. The installation file is in the TeraTermSSH directory. Once the installation has finished, a shortcut to Tera Term will be placed on the desktop.
Tera Term Pro is a free client that allows users to make a secure connection to the WPI UNIX systems remotely via the SSH protocol. If you would like more information on SSH and secure connections, please visit the Secure Access page.
- Open Tera Term Pro.
- In the "Host" field, type in the address of the WPI server you are connecting to [such as ccc.wpi.edu].
- Click on the "SSH" bubble for "Service".
- Type in 22 for "TCP Port #".
- Click on the OK button.
- A lengthy security alert may pop up, stating that the "server's host key is not cached in the registry". Click on "Yes" to continue.
- Type in your WPI username when it asks for your username. [Note: Do not add @wpi.edu to your username!]
- Type in your Windows or Unix password when it asks for your password.
- You should now be logged in to the server via SSH!
Last modified: Feb 16, 2009, 14:32 EST