Setting up Greetings
What are greetings?
Greetings are pre-recorded messages that callers will hear when accessing your voice mailbox. There are three types of greetings available:
- external - heard by callers outside WPI
- internal - heard by WPI campus callers
- temporary - heard by all callers when you are out of the office
Note: If you are calling in from off-campus, or your phone does not have a "Message" button, you will need to call x5900 (508-831-5900 from off campus) to log into Voice Messaging.
How to record your greetings
- Log into Voice Messaging using one of the
821 - external greeting
822 - internal greeting
823 - temporary greeting
To listen to your current greeting, press 2.
- Press 5 to record your new greeting. Wait until you hear the tone to start recording.
- Press # to stop recording.
- Press 2 to play back your recording. To re-record the greeting, simply go back to step 2 and continue from there.
- To set an expiry date for a temporary greeting, press
Enter the month, day, and time, pressing # after each entry. For the current month or day, press # only. Fo rthe standard expiry time of 12:01 a.m. with any future date, press # for time.
Note that pressing ### sets "no expiry."
- To exit from greetings, press 4.
Last modified: Jul 29, 2004, 12:42 EDT