Ground has been broken! What to expect in November 1999:
- The General Contractor will mobilize and set up their office trailer.
- A site fence will be erected for security purposes and more importantly for the safety of those on Campus.
- Once the General Contractor has settled in, the clearing of the site will begin with numerous trees that currently occupy the footprint of the building being cut down and removed from the site.
- Excavation will also begin to allow for the underground utility work, which is composed of new installations and relocations of existing lines. As the site work progresses, the hillside will be cut into which will allow for the footings and foundations to be installed later in the project.
- Beyond the site fence a new drain running down to Salisbury Street from the site will be excavated for and installed.
Items of interest:
- The parking lot on the north end of the Campus Center Site, between Goddard Hall and Higgins House, will be closed to all traffic except delivery truck access. Other arrangements for parking will need to be made.
- The street leading to Higgins House will be crossed during the installation of the new drain line. A trench will be cut across the road to allow the pipe to be installed. During this operation, which will span one to two days, traffic to the Higgins House will be impacted and redirected. Those working in the Higgins House will be notified before this work begins. This work needs to be completed before November 15 and will be one of the first activities undertaken.
Last modified: March 27, 2007 11:39:16