The Hole begins to take shape! What to expect over the month of December 1999:
- The underground utilities will begin to be installed. New Drainage lines will be installed behind Goddard on the North and West side of the building. New rerouted water lines and gas lines will be installed on the South end of the site near Higgins Lab and the Gymnasium.
- Underpinning of the transformer pad as well as some shoring will likely be installed to help retain the soil on the South end of the site.
- Perimeter footings as well as some concrete retaining walls will begin to be installed. This operation will continue in to January.
- Temporary heating tents may be built to facilitate the concrete installation.
Items of interest
- The parking lot on the North end of the Campus Center Site, between Goddard Hall and Higgins house, will be closed to all traffic except delivery truck access at various times throughout the month. Individuals will be notified two business days in advance of any operation that will shut the lot down via a flyer on their car windshield.
- The street leading to Higgins House will not be crossed for the installation of the new drain line. After some discovery work in Salisbury street, it was found that the elevations of the manhole and the pipe would not work correctly and conflicted with existing utilities in the street. Therefore, an alternate route had to be worked out. The new route will run behind Goddard and tie into an existing manhole that will be replaced.
Last modified: March 27, 2007 11:39:36