Happy New Year! What to expect over the month of January 2000:
- The underground utilities will begin to be installed. New Drainage lines will be installed behind Goddard on the North and West side of the building
- The installation of the (2) 24,000 gallons detention tank for the storm water system will begin. This consists of excavating a large hole on the North end of the site and installing the two precast tanks measuring 12' wide by 50' long each. Storm water line will be tied in once the building has a roof.
- The concrete retaining/foundation walls will continue to be installed in preparation for steel delivery currently scheduled for Mid-Late February.
- Backfilling of South East end of the building may commence towards the end of the month
- Installation of under ground steam lines at the south end of site may also start towards the end of the month.
- Temporary heating tents may be built to facilitate the concrete installation.
Items of interest
- Due to the excavation for the detention tanks the Goddard Lot will be closed (except to deliveries) from 01/17/2000 - 02/08/2000 (three weeks). The site fence will be rerouted to close off entire area for safety reasons. Please discontinue the use of the stairs coming up from Higgins House until the operation is complete. We apologise for any inconviences this may cause.
- The parking lot on the North end of the Campus Center Site, between Goddard Hall and Higgins house, will be closed to all traffic except delivery truck access at various times throughout the month. Individuals will be notified two business days in advance of any operation that will shut the lot down via a flyer on their car windshield.
Last modified: March 27, 2007 11:40:09