What to expect over the months of February & March 2000:
- Due to the cold snap in the weather during the month of January, underground utility work as well as backfill operation were postponed to start until the end of February.
- The underground utilities will begin to be installed. New Drainage lines will be installed behind Goddard on the North and West side of the building.
- The installation of the (2) 24,000 gallons detention tank for the storm water system will begin toward the end of February and continue into the Campus break. This consists of excavating a large hole on the North end of the site and installing the two precast tanks measuring 12' wide by 50' long each. Storm water line will be tied in once the building has a roof.
- The concrete retaining/foundation walls will continue to be installed as well as interior piers in preparation for steel delivery currently scheduled for Mid-Late March.
- Waterproofing and installation of foundation insulation will commence toward the end of the month of February.
- Installation of under ground steam lines at the south end of site may also start towards the end of March.
- Temporary heating tents may be built to facilitate the concrete installation.
Items of interest
- Due to the excavation for the detention tanks the Goddard Lot will be closed (except to deliveries) from 02/28/2000 - 03/27/2000 (four weeks). The site fence will be rerouted to close off entire area for safety reasons. Once the area has been closed please discontinue the use of the stairs coming up from higgins house until the operation is complete. We apologise for any inconviences this may cause.
Last modified: March 27, 2007 11:40:32