What to expect over the months of June/July 2000:
- The underground utilities will continue to be installed. Steam and condensate lines will be run from a manhole in the Goddard / Olin lot to the following buildings Olin, Atwater Kent and Goodard. West street will be impacted with the installations running to Atwater Kent.
- A telecommunication ductbank will be run in the corridor between the Campus Center and Olin building ultimately terminating at the Goddard building. Additionally, a gas line as well as drainage will be installed in the same corridor.
- Retaining wall for the loading dock will be installed
- The exterior block work and exterior stud wall systems will continue with insulation and brick operations for the building envelope commencing Mid June. The brick veneer will continue into late August.
- Window installation could commence sometime in late July.
- Structural steel detailing will continue into July on the two octagons. Stairs will be installed in late July and early August.
- Roofing will commence and continue into July
- Ductwork and Mechanical piping (including steel and copper lines) has commenced on all floors and will continue over the coming months.
- Plumbing for rain leader and bathroom water closet has commenced on all floors and will continue into July. Domestic water will also start in the coming weeks.
- Electrical conduit installation has commenced on all floors and will continue over the coming months
- Fireproofing of the structural steel will be completed by the end of June
- Interior studwork for drywall partitions has commenced on the 2nd flr and will continue into July on subsequent floors
Items of interest
The brick assembly located next to the fountain is what is known in the Construction industry as a Mockup. It allows all trades who have work associated with a particular item to "practice" the installation of their respective work on a smaller scale before starting the actual building. This allows the designers to review the installation techniques as well as make adjustments to the process if needed. It also allows the trades to fully understand the system and see the coordination that may be needed between multiple trades. When complete the mock up will mimic the full assembly with a window installed and weatherproofed.Maintained by email@example.com
Last modified: March 27, 2007 11:41:14