Diversity Career Related Resources
Have you found that, as a woman or minority, you are met with special challenges in the job search? Are you curious about how issues of diversity may affect you in the workplace? Perhaps you are just looking for job search strategies designed with the unique needs of professional women and minorities in mind.
Here, we have collected an ever-growing list of links focused specifically on issues of diversity in the job search and the workplace. Whether your concerns are regarding gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability, this is the place to look.
- AISES (American Indian Science & Engineering Society)
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Diversity Resources by Ethnicity
Resources for LGBTQ job seekers
- OUTforWork: LGBTQ Career Resource Online library The WPI Career Development Center is a Silver level partner with OUTforWork. To access the career resources online library use username: library and password: cccp2012
- Human Rights Campaign foundation's workplace project
HRC WorkNet: A national source of information on workplace policies and laws surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. Job seekers can use HRC WorkNet data to do research on prospective employers by name, policy type, geographic region or industry.
Job search engine for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender friendly companies.
Job search engine.
For more information please log into your Job Finder account and access the Career Resources for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Students handout.
Last modified: March 03, 2014 10:38:34