Economists study how society distributes scarce resources such as land, labor, raw materials, and machinery to produce goods and services. They conduct research, collect and analyze data, monitor economic trends, and develop forecasts. They research issues such as energy costs, inflation, interest rates, imports, or employment levels.
- Demand for qualified market and survey researchers should be strong.
- Candidates who hold an advanced degree will have the best employment prospects and advancement opportunities.
- Employment Research and Planning Director
- Forecast Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Strong written skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Frequent travel may be necessary
- Undergraduate Council (UC)
- Undergraduate Policy and Curriculum Committee (UPCC)
- National Association for Business Economics
- Sigma Beta Delta National Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration
- Social Science and Policy Studies
Last modified: November 20, 2006 16:14:01