Information for New Students - Setting up your WPI Accounts
|Step 1: Create your accounts||→||Step 2: Computer Recommendations||→||Step 3: Information about WPI's Network||→||Step 4: Information about Software|
Setting Up Your WPI Accounts
To set up your accounts you will need your WPI ID number and PIN, which you should have recieved in a notice or email from the Registrar. Please follow the instructions below to set up your accounts.
- Point your web browser to http://bannerweb.wpi.edu (Web Information System)
Use your ID number and PIN from the Registrar's notice to log in
- If it is your first time logging in to WPI's Web Information System (Bannerweb), you will be shown the FERPA disclosure, asked to choose a new PIN, and set up a security question
- Go to the Personal Info tab at the top of the page
- Click Computer Account Settings
Choose a new password making sure you follow the password guidelines
- Your password must be between 8 and 30 characters
- Your password must contain three of the following: Uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols
- Your password cannot contain any part of your name, birthdate, or WPI ID number.
Using your WPI Accounts
Your WPI accounts will be used to access a variety of services such as Exchange email, Virtual Private Networking (VPN), campus computers, and online systems like our learning management system, myWPI.itweb
Last modified: Mar 12, 2012, 17:33 EDT