Awards & Grants
- WPI's Virtual Tour, developed by the Web Development Office, was awarded the 4 Star Virtual College Tour Award in July 2002 by CampusTours.com.
- Best Marketing Award from LERN (Learning Resources Network) for Wireless Communication graduate certificate program, Spring 2002. ADLNís marketing program was chosen for its visual impact and uniqueness within higher education.
- 2001 EDUCAUSE Award for Excellence in Campus Networking, Honorable Mention - Read more...
- WPI's Web Development Office won a Merit Award in the Interactive category of the 2001 Mary T. Holland Awards for Creative Excellence for their design, BattleCry@WPI.
- WPI's Web Development Office won Second Place in the Interactive category of the 2000 Mary T. Holland Awards for Creative Excellence for their design of the WPI (Enhanced) Virtual Tour.
- WPI's Web Development Office won Third Place in the Interactive category of the 1999 Mary T. Holland Awards for Creative Excellence for their design of the Undergraduate Admissions site (no longer an active site).
The IT Division has applied for a limited number of grants and has met with success:
- In 2003, the George C. Gordon Library received a $2,500 LSTA grant from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners to conduct a survey to determine the preservation and conservation needs of the library's special collections.
- In September 2002, Julia Mullen of the CCC was awarded a grant by Oklahoma University for research in high performance computing as it applies to nanotechnology.
- In 2000, WPI was awarded an NSF grant for advanced networking, enabling WPI to implement a high-bandwidth connection 1000 times faster than the commodity Internet. As a result, WPI's Goddard GigaPoP offers regional educational and research institutions connectivity to Internet2.
Last modified: Mar 02, 2005, 13:50 EST