DESIGNS: First Steps in Creating Your Academic Experience at WPI
Congratulations and welcome to Worcester Polytechnic Institute and to DESIGNS: First Steps in Creating Your Academic Experience at WPI! You are about to embark on an exciting and challenging journey! Please click here to view the informational video prior to continuing. First Year student course registration is June 3-July 1. Please set some time aside to walk through this website to create your course schedule by the deadline.
As a First Year Student you have the opportunity to "design" which way to begin your journey. Through this website you will be able to:
- Learn about WPI's Academic Program.
- Read about the different options to select from.
- Take a math placement test to determine your level of Math.
- Follow a step by step process to select your courses for A and B term.
- Ask questions and get answers directly from a WPI student or administrator.
- Have a schedule that accurately reflects your interests, curriculum choice, and academic level.
- Get excited about WPI!
So here's what you will need to begin:
- Please print out your course selection tracker.
- Some time to take the math placement test and follow all of the steps.
- Know what your AP score is in any course you took in high school.
- Your User ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) for registration (E-mailed to your e-mail address on file with admissions on May 9, 2013). If you have not received this information, please call the Registrar's office at 508-831-5211.
- Your thinking cap! Think about what your own particular interests and skills are.
Other Important Information:
- Registration for courses is June 3-July 1. After July 1, your course schedule will be submitted to the Office of Academic Advising for review. You will not be able to make changes to your schedule during this time. If there are changes that need to be made, we will contact you via your WPI e-mail address in July. Have questions? Contact our office by phone at 508-831-5381, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Twitter: @WPIFYAdvising. We are here to help you be successful at WPI!
- Use WPIScheduler as a tool to help you find course sections that do not have a time conflict
- Have transfer credit? Have your transcript sent to Kaitlin Gentile in the Admissions office to begin the review process. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.
- Attend a Great Beginnings Advising Day at WPI . This optional program for first year students will occur June 11 or June 20. Please note that there is a maximum of 75 students per day. To register and learn more...
- New Student Orientation is August 25-28. During this time, you will be able to make minor adjustments to your course selections once you meet with your academic advisor.