Sample Questions for Subsequent Meetings
Future meetings with advisees should attempt to make life at WPI as productive and trouble-free as possible. You should be ready to work with the student to help solve any problems that the student encounters. These meetings are also a time to make certain that the academic choices that students make correspond with their career goals.
- How are you enjoying life at WPI? Do you know where to get help if you encounter any problems? [Advisor may refer student to campus resources -- see Section 5]
- How is each of your classes going? Do you know where to get help for these classes (M*A*S*H sessions, etc.)?
- In which academic areas do you still need to take courses before graduation?
- In which student activities and professional organizations are you currently involved? Do you know where you can find out more about campus activities? [If the student is not involved in the department's professional organization, this is a good time to encourage involvement]
- When do you plan to graduate? Will you be planning to do a co-op or gather any related professional experience before that time?
- Let's review a copy of your most recent resume. Have you contacted the Career Development Center?
Last modified: May 31, 2007 09:47:06