Ralph H. White Family Distinguished Professorship
Not restricted to any academic department, this professorship was established in 1987 by Ann and Leonard White ‘41, along with their son, David White ‘75, and his wife, Shirley. The couples had earlier established the Ralph H. White Scholarship Fund to honor the memory of Leonard’s father, who founded the R. H. White Construction Co. in 1923. Leonard White joined the company after graduating from WPI and contributed significantly to its development into a major New England construction firm. He was elected to the WPI Board of Trustees in 1977 and, as longtime chair of its Physical Facilities Committee, helped oversee several major campus construction projects, including Founders Hall and Fuller Laboratories. He received WPI’s Herbert F. Taylor Alumni Award for Distinguished Service in 1981. Like his father, David White joined the family business after earning his WPI degree and now oversees operations as president and CEO. He later earned an MBA from WPI, and in 1990 received WPI’s Ichabod Washburn Award for professional achievement by a young alumnus.
Current Recipient: Rajib Basu Mallick
Maintained by email@example.com
Last modified: January 07, 2013 14:13:07