Optional Travel Extension to Beijing
This trip has been postponed and dates below will be changed accordingly. Please check back for updates.
Please use the Forum Registration
Form to book this trip.
|Sunday, Sept. 21
Shanghai / Beijing
Check-out of hotel.
Transfer to the airport for the morning flight to Beijing. Arrive Beijing. Meet travel director at Beijing Airport. If time permits: Transfer to a local restaurant for lunch before a sightseeing visit to the Summer Palace. Meanwhile baggage will be transferred directly from the airport to the China World Hotel. Note: this hotel is also a Shangri-La Property.
|Monday, Sept. 22
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning visit one of mankind’s greatest achievements - The Great Wall of China with stops at the Tombs of the Ming Emperors and the Sacred Way which leads to them. A Chinese lunch will be served at a local restaurant while enroute. This evening is free to relax and explore this exciting city.
|Tuesday, Sept. 23
Breakfast at the hotel. Today enjoy a full day of touring with visits to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven with lunch served at a local restaurant. This evening enjoy a dinner of Peking Duck at the Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant which was opened more than a century ago by an Imperial chef who introduced this dish to commoners of the time. The restaurant is still run by his descendents.
|Wednesday, Sept. 24
Breakfast at the hotel. Group transfer to the airport for flight home or to next destination.
- US$635 per person (Double Occupancy)
- US$865 per person (Single Occupancy)
Rates are based on minimum 15 persons in the group.
- Group departure transfer from Pudong Shangri-La Hotel to the airport
- Economy class flight from Shanghai to Beijing
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the China World Hotel (A Shangri-La property), Beijing
- Daily full American Breakfast at the China World Hotel, Beijing
- Hotel surcharge and tax currently standing at 15%
- Sightseeing as shown in the itinerary inclusive of entrance fees
- 3 upgraded lunches and 1 Peking Duck dinner while on tour
- Group departure transfer from China World Hotel, Beijing to Beijing International Airport
- Services of an English speaking guide.
Other Extended Travel Options
All extended travel programs are offered by Tour East, a full-service travel organization that has been specializing in Asia travel programs for more than 3 decades. Tour East will accommodate your individual interest in other China travel opportunities including side trips to Xian, and cruises on the Yangtze River. To book trips other than the Beijing tour, please contact Lynda Obront at Tour East. In New York, toll free (888) 385-3777 or by e-mail at LYNAXELROD@aol.com
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Apr 01, 2003, 14:35 EST
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Phone: +1-508-831-6024 - Fax: +1-508-831-5791 -