For your reference, we've compiled a sampling of Web sites helpful to researching Chinese business ventures as well as visiting China. Please let us know of any additional resources we can share by emailing us at email@example.com.
Trade and Economic Development
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Offices
- Hong Kong Economic and Trade Offices (HKETO) in the United States of America (USA) are the permanent representatives of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (HKSARG), helping to strengthen the economic ties between the U.S. and Hong Kong.
- American Chamber of Commerce
- The chamber's mission is to provide a forum for Americans engaged in business in China and to work with Chinese and U.S. government authorities to help foster vibrant and constructive commercial relations between the two countries.
- International Trade Administration - China Market Information Center
- The Trade Information Center (TIC) is a comprehensive resource for information on all U.S. Federal Government export assistance programs, offered through 20 U.S. departments. The Web site provides information about exporting, licensing, sector analysis and general business guidance for the Chinese market.
- Doing Business in Hong Kong
- An official site of Hong Kong, this is a valuable resource for information about business opportunities, government support and getting started in Hong Kong.
- MOFTEC - China's Ministry of Foreign Trade & Economic Cooperation
- Provides information about policies and news about China's trade environment.
- U.S. State Department - China
- Provides background, facts and figures for China.
- U.S. State Department - Hong Kong
- Provides background, facts and figures for Hong Kong.
- Kiplinger - Made in China
- Almost anything that can be made by human hands can be
made cheaper and more efficiently in China than anywhere else, says
Mark Headley, co-manager of Matthews Pacific Tiger fund. The
combination of cheap labor with a well-developed infrastructure --
telephones, highways, ports and the like -- has catapulted China ahead
of Japan as the leading exporter to the U.S. outside North America. The
difficulty for U.S. investors has been finding a way to profit from
that growth without getting fleeced. Here's how.
- China International Business
- This monthly economic and business magazine is published in
Beijing by the International Business Daily.
- Business Week - China Journal
- A weekly column by Mark Clifford focused on various business
issues in China.
- Business Week - Headlines from Asia
- The latest news articles about Asia from Business Week.
- Far East Economic Review
- This comprehensive business magazine for Eastern Asia includes news, interviews, special sector reports and "traveler's tales."
- China Business Review
- The China Business Review, the official magazine of The U.S.-China Business Council, is the leading authority on China trade and investment. It offers strategies for entering the Chinese market, tips for success and information on information and government personnel changes.
- U.S. Department of Commerce - China Commercial Brief
- The China Commercial Brief is a biweekly publication including summaries about developments in China's various commercial sectors, tips on doing business in China, and U.S. Embassy news.
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Hong Kong Business Update
- This publication is designed to provide U.S. companies, government officials and other interested parties with information about the latest business developments and commercial opportunities in Hong Kong.
- China Online
- Provides news, analysis and profiles in the following industries: agriculture, aviation & aerospace, biotechnology, automotive, chemicals, construction, consumer goods, energy, environmental services, financial services, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, information technology, manufacturing, media & entertainment, metals & mining, real estate, telecommunications, tourism, and transportation.
- Pamphlet on China's Membership in the WTO
- Highlights the current and future implications of China's accession to the World Trade Organization in December 2001.
- Hong Kong Business News
- South China Morning Post
- People's Daily
- China Business News
- China Tourism
- The Web site of the China National Tourism Association
- Discover Hong Kong - The official tourism site for Hong Kong.
- Find information about things to do and places to go while in Hong Kong, plus find discount coupons.
- Lonely Planet Guide
- An overview of where to go and what to do, including attractions "off the beaten path." The site also provides a facts and history section, plus recommendations for additional reading.
- Frommer's Guide
- These comprehensive city guides provide an overview of the city, plus suggested sightseeing itineraries and dining out recommendations.
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Etiquette - China
- Portal Sites about China
- Find additional online resources about China.
Last modified: Jan 06, 2003, 16:11 EST
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Phone: +1-508-831-6024 - Fax: +1-508-831-5791 -