October 16-18, 2006
Join us as two academic networks come together to learn from each other and to discuss lean principles and the link to education. The objectives of this conference:
- Promote networking between academia, industry, and government
- Stimulate and motivate new ideas for collaborative engagement and educational products for lean thinking
- Understand industry/government needs for workforce education (campus/continuing education) and ways to leverage resources to meet them
- Infuse contributed knowledge into campus curriculum
- Raise awareness of applying lean thinking to education
- Conduct EdNet and LEAN business
Directions have been added under Transportation and the Agenda now includes details on contributed talks!
For more information about the two academic networks, LAI Ednet and LEI LEAN, please see the related links on the left menu bar.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Jody Hoffer Gittell, assistant professor of management at Brandeis University's Heller School for Social Policy and Management and author of The Southwest Airlines Way
- Dr. James Womack, founder and president of the Lean Enterprise Institute and author of Lean Thinking and The Machine That Changed the World
- General Taco Gilbert, director of strategic planning and deputy chief of staff, plans and programs, for the Air Force, who will discuss Air Force Smart Operations 21 (AFSO 21)
- Dr. Bob Emiliani, associate professor of manufacturing and construction management, Central Connecticut State College, whose topic will be "Using Lean to Improve Graduate Courses and Programs"
In addition to keynote sessions, the conference includes panel and breakout discussions, as well as contributed sessions. Prospective speakers are encouraged to submit short abstracts by August 23.
600 Fisher Hall
2100 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
Lean Aerospace Initiative
77 Massachusetts Ave.
The organizing committee may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. It includes
- Sharon Johnson, WPI
- Jackie Candido, MIT
- Peter Ward, LEAN, Ohio State University
Last modified: Sep 23, 2006, 13:26 EDT